Thursday 12 November 2009

Target Audience Report

The website I am designing will be aimed at teenagers from age 14 upwards. The target audeience will be both Male's and Female's from all ethnicities and people from any backgrounds. From my research, I have found out that there are a lot of drug awareness campaign websites but there is only one or two that are aimed at younger people. I want to raise awareness from my point of view as I am a teenager and I want to show the dangers of drugs that I can relate to one way or another so the target audience can share my information and hopefully learn from my website so they don't make the same mistakes that people i know have made.

My aim of the website is to show people the dangers and consequences of drugs so that they can see it first instead of them trying drugs themselves as that could be too late for them. My website has lots of information on what the risks and consequences are of carrying and taking drugs. I am hoping that my target audience will look at my website and think to themselves that they don't want to risk their lives with drugs and that sould stop them from getting involved with drugs.

I have chose to use a layout which is relatively conventional but has some unconventional elements to it as i feel that younger people will be more attracted to that because they won't get bored of the layout. I have used a dark background with a vibrant blue colour for the backgrounds of the links with white text. I chose this because it really catches the eye and it's a very appealing colour.

I have used pictures of different drugs along with pictures illustrating the dangers of drugs to your body. My aim from this is that people will be shocked by what drugs can do to you and hopefully will make them think twice about touching drugs. There is a help page which offers links to websites that can help people who are in trouble with drugs and need to talk to people for help and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment